- Project: Hotel Palace Suite – restoration, reconstruction, static consolidation and renewing all technological systems
Place: Trieste (TS) – Italy
Description: Palazzo Terni – Dei Rossi is a protected building built in 1906, represents one of the most significant Liberty testimonies in Trieste thanks to the ornamental stone elements with a large number of friezes, the corner towers topped by small domes, the loggia and the balconies with wrought iron parapets with floral motifs and the impressive statues.
The project involved overall internal and external restoration and conservation work for the entire building as it had never been renovated and restored since it was built.
Aiming at philological restoration, the project included the following conservative restoration works:
Static consolidation and restoration of ornamental stone elements;
- Restoration and reconstruction of all wrought iron elements;
- Reconstruction of the original dome and a large skylight;
- Restoration and reconstruction of the external plaster;
- Restoration of all external and internal doors and windows;
- Roof restoration;
- Internal restructuring and resizing of the interior spaces used for residential use;
- Restructuring of shops on the ground floor;
- Renewing all technological systems;
- Static consolidation and underpinning of foundations.
On the ground floor of the building the existing business premises were renovated; the upper floors on the other hand were renovated to accommodate the new Residence Palace Suite consisting of luxurious Suites.